Wednesday, March 10, 2010

GEEKY POST

In the past 4-5 years of my life, the gaming has really subsided. No more childhood subscription to GamePro, no more blockbuster rentals, no more keeping up with the gaming industry. But I grew up playing games, my first system was a SEGA Master, man! Come on! When I got my PlayStation in my single digit years, my very first game for system was Final Fantasy VII, yeah, you know how that goes.

Anyway, I could never justify a PS3 purchase since dabbling in cars pretty much takes all of my measly income(and the cars thing was probably what ventured me off the gaming in the first place). And lucky for me, I have an uncle who doesn't use his quite at all. Been borrowing since early 09, score!

My monitor has inputs for my dvi laptop and hdmi ps3. I've been playing it on the dinky speakers that monitor has in sync with the hdmi cable for some time now, and it sucks. So when I picked up FFXIII, I figured it time to pick up the parts I needed to run the PS3 sound to my decent computer speakers.

Video through hdmi, sound through component cables(red/white/yellow), adapters, and YEAHHHHH. I just unplug the speakers from the laptop and plug into ps3 when the time comes. PROBLEM SOLVED



cost around $10 total for these adapters




1 comment: